Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Bit of Information...

I will have a update later this evening, but I did want to clear something up.  I had someone say that I am starving myself, and I wanted to give some proof, that I am not.

Like any other diet, you are limited to what you eat.  Most diets recommend that you eat 1200 calories a day along with exercise to lose weight.  That is what I am doing.

The Balance Complete Shakes require 2 scoops per 8 ounce cup of water or milk (Almond and Coconut milk are allowed).  I have tried water and milk, and personally I do not like the taste of the shake with water, so I use Whole Milk.

The calories in the Balance Complete Powder is 190.  The calories in Whole milk for 8 ounces is 150.  Combining these two calories is 340 calories per shake.  Three times a day, that gives you 1,020 calories  The remaining 180 calories are taken up by the fruit, vegetables, and the Slique Tea.

When I drink my shakes, I sit down at the table with my family.  I watch them eat, and I am not starving, because I have my shake.  I also eat dinner with them every other day, or sometimes, life just happens, and I eat lunch and dinner with them.  My body is leaning that I do not need to eat until I "feel" full.  It is learning that six small meals a day are better than three big ones.  I am also learning that breakfast is important.

Eating, does not mean that I eat whatever, but I make sure that it is a healthy meal.  For instance: If I make something that requires Potatoes, I do not use just any potato, I use Sweet Potatoes.  Or if my Husband ask if I want to have lunch with him at Chipotle, I choose mainly lettuce with some brown rice instead of white rice.

Before I went on this diet, I did not eat breakfast.  At the time, my Husband did not come home for lunch, and I found myself not eating anything until around 2 in the afternoon (No worries, I still fed my son breakfast and lunch).  I was just never hungry until 2 pm.  Then dinner was always at 5pm.  So, my eating habits were not healthy.  This diet, has allowed me to see the importance of healthy dieting and eating.

I will honestly say, that I have felt so much better on this diet.  My energy and happiness are back to where they were when I first met my Husband six years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment